Description: The Administrative Assistant is the general administrative support for the Company Manager and Theatre Operations Associate. To be successful in this role, the Administrative Assistant is expected to have excellent verbal and written communication skills, sound judgment, poised and confident, with experience working in a dynamic environment with a high level of administrative, organizational, communication, as well as problem-solving skills. They are expected to demonstrate professionalism, diplomacy and integrity; maintain appropriate confidentiality and discretion when interacting with board members, executives, co-workers as well as external constituents. Prior background working in nonprofits, especially performing arts is preferred but not necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
• Check the box office voicemails and report the messages to Theatre Operations
• Check the TWN PO Box for mail
• Posting marketing material around town and assist with the creation of email blasts, Facebook/Twitter posts, etc.
• Addressing, stamping, and mailing any appeal letters or marketing material
• Working familiarity with the content of each of our productions, cabarets, special events
• Selling tickets through our ticketing system: OvationTix
• Research/Projects from Company Manager and Theatrical Operations
Skills and prior experience:
• Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Experience working in a fast paced and creative enviroment but still able to go with the flow
• Able to adjust and work on deadlines
• Photoshop or design skills a plus
• Knowledge of mail chimp, constant contact, or any other email platform a plus
• Must have proper phone skills and customer service relations
• Will train you in OvationTix System if you do not have prior experience
The Adimistrative Assistant position is up to 35 hrs/week starting immediately. Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree or above, preferably with at least two (2) years of professional experience working in an office. The ideal candidate will be a strong team player who works well with many different types of personalities, shows grace under pressure, and possesses great attention to detail with strong organizational, written, and interpersonal skills.
Please email a cover letter and resume, with references to firstname.lastname@example.org and type ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT in the subject line.
Music by Tom Snow
Lyrics by Dean Pitchford
Stage Adaptation by Dean Pitchford and Walter Bobbie
Based on the original screenplay by Dean Pitchford
Additional Music by Eric Carmen, Sammy Hagar, Kenny Loggins and Jim Steinman
DIRECTOR/CHOREOGRAPHER: Justin Cerne
MUSICAL DIRECTOR: Nick Wilders
REHEARSAL DATES: June 26 - July 12, 2018
SHOW DATES: July 13 - August 25, 2018
AUDITION DATES: April 30 & May 3, 2018
AUDITION TIMES: 6:30pm-8:30pm
Do you want to play a more active role at Theatre Workshop of Nantucket? At TWN, we value your time, talent and overall contributions to our community. From administrative support to box office sales or participating in our usher core, there is a way to get involved and contribute that works with your skills and schedule. To learn more, please email us at email@example.com.